Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Gerald McBoing-Boing Coming soon to Cartoon Network!

I stumbled upon this on an article at CartoonBrew.com just last week while browsing the net. I knew there was something familiar about this image! Simon Paquete (a very talented young lad) and I served as animators for this demo almost a year ago before I left Mercury Filmworks. Created by Theodore "Dr. Seuss" Geisel, the original short film won an Oscar Award in 1950 for best short subject and became an animated classic. The very reason why we were so excited at Mercury when we heard that we were making the revival show here in Ottawa. I'm already hearing a lot of good things about the show. Can't wait to see it on the small screen, that's if Teletoon or YTV will get it for the canadian audience! I'm grateful to have worked on it even for the shortest time. Best of luck to the show!

(click on image to see QT clip)